Friday, November 2, 2012

Perks of being a wallflower

Fellow Earthlings, 
You have chanced upon this piece of thesis that will convey an announcement of paramount importance and lol jk where got so formal sia. this is so difficult, to write in obnoxious english. i swear i took 5 whole minutes to write that first line. 


Anyways, went out with a bunch of people to watch Perks Of Being A Wallflower!
Namely it's Janice, Zhiyu, Weixuan, Bryan, Hongwei, Phya and Hilda. And moi, of course.
Me and Hongwei met up and travelled to Tamp MRT together, and the others were late so we had to wait like, 15 minutes. Nbd. (ASDSFDGLDFKGJSFBAHSDGGSDHAL SINGAPORE WEATHER VERY HOT KNOW) 
All that aside, we had lunch at a random Japanese fast-food "cafe" and went off to watch the 14:50 show for Perks! 

I'm not going to try to be those kinds of bloggers that will provide crazy and super in-depth reviews about the movie's plot and visuals and acting and flow etc and actually sound like legit critics, i'm just going to talk about my personal opinions.

 I guess this movie deserves a rating of..... 7.5/10 stars? I know usually people rate over 5 stars lah BUT I'M SPECIAL CANNOT MEH. 
Emma Watson and Logan Lerman looks MIGHTY fine, like seriously. Emma is just stunningly beautiful and Logan is just cute+hot+charming+everything. They look so cute together. Other than that, the movie is also filled with many "wtf moments" that will make you laugh till you cry! 

Then again, I wanna say that i've never watched a movie that has made me change my opinion of it so much because the starting and the ending is so different. SERIOUSLY, the beginning is...interesting, but as the movie proceeded to the middle, everything became really confusing because the movie was portrayed in Charlie's(Logan Lerman's) perspective, so his thoughts could get really messy and lead to many scene changes. So, when it started becoming confusing, it became boring. I was actually so ready to walk out of the cinema after the movie ended and totally be honest about how i didn't enjoy the movie thoroughly. BUT, towards the end of the movie there was this gigantic and overwhelming plot-twist that seriously made my jaw drop all the way to my knees. The movie suddenly became 100x more interesting and engaging. And towards the last 30 seconds of the movie, Charlie spoke his thoughts out loud(which were quoted from the original novel) and seriously...... it was so meaningful and overwhelming that i started to tear up really really bad. The quote made so much sense and i could really relate to it. 

"There are people who forget what it's like to be 16 when they turn 17. I know these will all be stories someday. And our pictures will become old photographs. We'll all become somebody's mom or dad. But right now these moments are not stories. This is happening, I am here and I am looking at her. And she is so beautiful. I can see it. This one moment when you know you're not a sad story. You are alive, and you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder. And you're listening to that song and that drive with the people you love most in this world. And in this moment I swear, we are infinite."


I SERIOUSLY FELT SO INSPIRED BY THAT QUOTE, I mean, we're young, I'm young. We've got so much ahead of us, I've got such a long life ahead of me and idk why but as i listened to that quote it's like i could see my entire youth in front of me and i saw more than all the tough things we go through as teenagers; i saw what being young meant to me and what working hard all these years meant to me. It's really hard to describe, but the quote really hit a spot and it was like a switch was flipped on inside my head
I was just purely inspired and... just in awe. Partially due to the fact that my entire opinion of that movie changed in like.. what, 30seconds at the end of the movie? LOL, but nevertheless, although the middle part of the movie was rather boring, the ending did the entire movie justice. 


LOL seems like i did write a very long and in-depth review........... 
anyways, i've just been thinking a lot lately about the past few years of my life because the stress of the o levels just kind of hit me and, aiyah i don't know how to describe it lah but it's like, after bottling up for so long and penting up all the stress from o levels, i feel that i should learn how to state my opinions properly and really be able to reflect on my life and what i'm going to do with it.
I'm 16, but i'm not going to stay sixteen forever. I don't wanna be old and grey, looking back at my young self and regretting not taking risks and all. 
Life is so diverse, don't you think? 




Anyway, just a picture of our pretty faces to lighten up the mood of this post HAHAHA. 

shamelessly ripped this off Janice's instagram. LOVE YOU JANICE <3 


xx <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment